Friday, February 17, 2017

Bad First Impression

I should start this project with the disclaimer that I am technologically challenged. Mac's are not my forte, yet that is the laptop I have. If you came to this looking for step-by-step, Photoshop for Dummies, I-have-no-clue-how-to-work-my-computer explanations for Photoshop- you're in the right place.

My first obstacle with Photoshop was actually getting a program that was going to work on my Mac. I bought my Mac back in 2012 and basically know how to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Word. When I decided to buy Photoshop, I just bought the basic 2016 version with a year subscription paid all up front. This did not go over well.

When I went to download the program, I found out that my computer was apparently out of date. Did I realize that actually happened? No.
Here's where you can check, FYI.
Click the Apple in the top left corner.
Click on About This Mac

This is bad for newer programs:

The good news is the people at Adobe are very helpful and understanding, especially when you have no clue how to actually work your computer. They managed to switch out the fancy new Photoshop for the 2014 edition.

I can tell you since you are beginners just like me: I don't see much of a difference. If you are an advanced Photoshopper looking to do certain things, you may just have better luck buying a new Mac. If you are like me and just want something to get you by and can't really tell a difference, this is great!

Now that we finally got a program that works on our computers, let's get started learning the basics!

No comments:

Post a Comment